Fun exciting tasty gluten free food
– 1 onion finely chopped
– 500g beef mince
– 3 Garlic cloves crushed
– 1 cup of frozen of mixed corn, peas and beans
– 600g grated tasty cheese
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon mint
– 1 teaspoon basil
– 2 tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce
– 1 can of 410g tomato puree
– 1 cup of water
– 10 gluten free instant lasagne sheets (I used San Remo Gluten Lasagna sheets) http://sanremo.com.au/product/san-remo-gluten-free-lasgna-no-228-200g/
Top cheese sauce – 1 cup of grated tasty cheese
– 2 cups of milk
– 50g of butter/margarine
-1/2 cup of gluten free flour
1. In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil over a medium- high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until browned.
2. Meanwhile, boil the corn, peas and beans.
3. Add the mince to the onion and garlic and continuously stir until brown. Add the oregano, mint, basil and soy sauce and stir.
4. The corn, peas and beans should be boiled by this time. Drain and add to the mince.
5. Add the tomato puree and water to the mince, stir and then let simmer for 10 mins. Stir and cool for 10 mins.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir. Progressively add the milk and continue to cook and stir until sauce thickens (roughly 5 minutes). Stir in the cheese and then remove from heat.
7. (Optional step) Dip the lasagne sheets into boiling water for 4 minutes to soften the sheets.
8. Use an ovenproof square or rectangular dish. Line the bottom with a small amount of mince sauce. Then place lasagne sheets down. Try to cover the whole area without overlapping sheets (you may need to cut sheets to fit). Spoon 1/3 of the mince sauce evenly. Top with 1/3 of grated cheese. Repeat and finish with a layer of lasagne sheets. Top with the cheese sauce prepared earlier and sprinkler any remaining grated cheese. Cover with foil to cook or plastic to freeze.
9. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Bake for 30 mins. Take foil off and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Stand for 10 minutes and then serve.