Fun exciting tasty gluten free food
A perfect dinner dish that can also turn into tomorrow’s lunch.
Ideal dish to prepare over the weekend, freeze and bake during the week.
Ingredients– 1 onion finely chopped
– 500g beef mince
– 2 garlic cloves crushed
– 1 cup of frozen of mixed corn, peas and beans
– 5 cups of grated tasty cheese
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon mint
– 1 teaspoon basil
– 2 tablespoons of gluten free soy sauce
– 1 can of 410g tomato puree
– 1 cup of water
-250g spiral gluten free pasta (I used one packet of San Remo’s spirals)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (if you are planning on eating it today).
2. In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil over a medium- high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until browned.
3. Add the mince to the onion and garlic and continuously stir until brown. Add the oregano, mint, basil and soy sauce and stir.
4. Meanwhile, boil the corn, peas and beans in one saucepan and in another boil your gluten free pasta. Ensure you stir the pasta when you first place it into the boiled water and you might like to add a drop of oil so that the pasta doesn’t stick together. The pasta should take approximately 10 minutes to cook.
5. When the corn, peas and beans are cooked, drain and add to the mince.
6. Add the tomato puree and water to the mince, stir and then let simmer. Stir and cool for 5 mins.
7. Do a quick taste test of the pasta and drain once cooked.
8. Add the cooked pasta to the mince sauce.
9. Use an ovenproof square or rectangular dish. Transfer half the pasta into the dish. Sprinkle 1/3 of the grated cheese on top. Then transfer the remainder of the pasta on top. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese (2/3) on top covering the entire pasta.
10. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and stand for 10 minutes and then serve.
9. If you decide to freeze the dish, ensure when you’re ready to eat it that you thaw it in the refrigerator before placing in the oven.