Fun exciting tasty gluten free food
This is a perfect entrée to serve yourself or guests that are gluten intolerant. It is easy, tasty and jazz’s up prawns without losing the beautiful flavour.
You can serve this with any of your favourite dipping sauce. I like dipping mine with a gluten free mayonnaise. YUM!!!
I sometimes prepare this for a small snack with my husband.
20 cooked prawns, unshelled
1 egg, Beaten
½ cup of Gluten Free Coating Mix (I use Macro Wholefood Market – Gluten Free Coating Herb & Lemon Flavoured)
1. In one bowl place the beaten egg and sprinkle half of the gluten free coating mix over a small plate.
2. Dip the Prawns into the egg and then coat with the gluten free coating mix. (The egg is optional; however I believe that the coating mix or if you’re using breadcrumbs, will stick better to the prawns if you use egg).
3. On medium heat, place a small amount of oil in a saucepan and heat.
4. Place the coated pawns in the saucepan and cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Place on a plate covered with a paper towel, I do this to drain any excess oil from the prawns.
6. Serve and enjoy.